Senior Associate – Property Law
February 23, 2023
Genuine team culture and support
̶ 1 full-time role
̶ 1 part-time role (3 days per week)
Massons – a premium specialist property law firm
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our growing and award-winning specialist property team. The team is led by committed and collaborative partners who left major global law firms so they could do things differently.
We are determined to be the best in our field by investing in knowledge, relationships and culture so that our lawyers simply enjoy the process of practising law.
The goal: help our lawyers love what they do, so they can’t help but do it well.
Role description – who are we looking for?
Massons is looking for a highly intelligent and driven specialist senior associate.
To be considered for this role, ideally you will:
- have at least 5 years post admission experience with a reputable property team
- be technically savvy and have exceptional attention to detail
- be able to demonstrate an ability to lead matters involving:
- drafting contracts, leases, deeds, agreements and advices
- high-value and complex property transactions
- managing large volumes of work under pressure
- be able to work autonomously when required, making good decisions where called upon to do so by a partner or in the absence of a partner
- be someone who enhances the culture of the firm, with demonstrated leadership potential
- have strong commercial acumen, maturity and common-sense
- have excellent communication skills
- have a demonstrated capacity to work with the senior management team to sustain a positive, caring and friendly team-based environment
- bring excellent client service skills to the team with a demonstrated capacity to maintain (or grow) work generated by the partners
- have advanced Microsoft Office and legal software skills, particularly Word
Flexible working arrangements
We ask our lawyers to work from the office at least 3/5ths of their working week and to be in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is to ensure that we foster a real sense of team and provide a regular opportunity for collaborative working and learning. We trust our senior lawyers to manage any remote or flexible working arrangements autonomously.
We set realistic and clear billable targets, with a focus on team results.
Why consider this role?
- work on complex and interesting commercial transactions
- work with Tier 1 clients and gain invaluable experience
- be supported by a strong leadership team and be surrounded by experts
- be supported by a high calibre legal and administrative team, including lawyers, graduates and paralegals
- be given the tools and resources you require to build your own practice
- have the autonomy to navigate your own working week whilst being part of a truly collaborative team
- be able to actively participate in business development, planning and practice management both on an individual and team level, with the goal of creating your own practice that is self-sustaining and reflecting your personal work style and specialisations
- be invited to participate in regular team building activities and events
- be mentored based on your specific career goals and objectives
Massons is a leading specialist commercial property law firm, dedicated to delivering a premium service to high quality organisations. We are a busy practice with an enviable client base and an outstanding reputation for being experts in our field.
Where many firms are slaves to individual billable hours and are territorial about client relationships, we have team goals and budgets and shared clients. Massons is built around a “growth” mindset – there is no shortage of opportunity and we do not have rigid lock-step structures or minimum PQE requirements for promotions.
We offer our staff:
- a competitive market salary and benefits
- state of the art facilities and technology in our brand new office located at 185 Clarence Street, Sydney – purposefully designed to foster an engaged (and engaging) office environment
- wellness initiatives, including team sports, vaccinations and EOT facilities
- extensive internal and external legal resources and training opportunities
- genuine opportunities to drive business planning and client development
- mentored involvement in industry associations and networking events
- opportunities to participate in pro-bono and community impact programs, including with our pro bono partner Human Rights for All – a team of exceptional lawyers representing refugees and stateless people
How to apply
Please apply by sending your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Nicole Caryofyllis
Ph: 02 8923 0909
*Please specify in your application if you are applying for the full-time or part-time position.
Please be assured that your application will be dealt with professionally and with utmost confidentiality by our recruitment team.
Massons considers that diversity is the path to an evolved legal practice.
We encourage applications from all cultural and academic backgrounds and invite applicants to identify any aspects of their cultural or personal background (eg indigenous, refugee, rural etc) and any academic, community or social engagement or interests (eg sport, the arts, volunteering, passions or social causes) which they believe would contribute positively to the quality of cross-thought and ideation within our firm.