Strata and complex titling specialist lawyer – 2-6 years PQE
May 15, 2023
Looking to specialise?
Massons – a premium specialist property law firm
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our growing and award-winning specialist property team. The team is led by committed and collaborative partners who left major global law firms so they could do things differently.
We are determined to be the best in our field by investing in knowledge, relationships and culture so that our lawyers simply enjoy the process of practising law.
The goal: help our lawyers love what they do, so they can’t help but do it well.
Role description – what are we looking for?
Massons is looking for a highly intelligent and driven specialist strata and complex titling lawyer.
To be considered for this role, ideally you will:
- have 2-6 years post admission experience with a reputable property team, mainly working in strata subdivision and advice, complex titling and/or the strata renewal space
- have a genuine desire to work in the strata and complex titling space to assist to grow this aspect of the firm’s work
- be technically savvy and have exceptional attention to detail
- be able to demonstrate experience in:
- drafting, negotiating and advising on registrable dealings and agreements
- preparing advices on complex titling issues
- acting on high-value and complex property transactions
- managing large volumes of work under pressure
- have strong commercial acumen, maturity and common-sense
- have excellent communication skills
- value working in a positive, caring and friendly team-based environment
- bring excellent client service skills to the team
- have advanced Microsoft Office and legal software skills, particularly Word
Flexible working arrangements
Ideally the suitable candidate will be available to work full time. However, we will also consider candidates seeking part-time and flexible or remote working arrangements.
We ask our lawyers to work from the office at least 3/5ths of their working week and to be in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is to ensure that we foster a real sense of team and encourage collaborative working. We trust our senior lawyers to manage any remote or flexible working arrangements autonomously.
We set realistic and clear billable targets, with a focus on team results.
Why consider this role?
- work on complex and interesting commercial transactions
- work with Tier 1 clients and gain invaluable experience
- be supervised by recognised market leaders and be surrounded by experts
- be supported by a high calibre legal and administrative team, including senior and junior lawyers, graduates and paralegals
- be given the tools and resources you require to build your own practice
- have the autonomy to navigate your own working week whilst being part of a truly collaborative team
- able to actively participate in business development, planning and practice management both on an individual and team level
- be invited to participate in regular team building activities and events
- be mentored based on your specific career goals and objectives
Massons is a leading specialist commercial property law firm, dedicated to delivering a premium service to high quality organisations. We are a busy practice with an enviable client base and an outstanding reputation for being experts in our field.
Where many firms are slaves to individual billable hours and are territorial about client relationships, we have team goals and budgets and shared clients. Massons is built around a “growth” mindset – there is no shortage of opportunity and we do not have rigid lock-step structures or minimum PQE requirements for promotions.
We offer our staff:
- state of the art facilities and technology in our new office located at 185 Clarence Street, Sydney – purposefully designed to foster an engaged (and engaging) office environment
- wellness initiatives, including team sports, vaccinations and EOT facilities
- extensive internal and external legal resources and training opportunities
- genuine opportunities to drive business planning and client development
- mentored involvement in industry associations and networking events
- opportunities to participate in pro-bono and community impact programs, including with our pro bono partner Human Rights for All – a team of exceptional lawyers representing refugees and stateless people
How to apply
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Ms Nicole Caryofyllis
Ph: 02 8923 0909
Massons considers that diversity is the path to an evolved legal practice.
We encourage applications from all cultural and academic backgrounds and invite applicants to identify any aspects of their cultural or personal background (eg indigenous, refugee, rural etc) and any academic, community or social engagement or interests (eg sport, the arts, volunteering, passions or social causes) which they believe would contribute positively to the quality of cross-thought and ideation within our firm.